Offered is an interesting lot of railroad ephemera from the golden age of American railroading, dating from 1870 to 1956. 14 pieces. Includes:
1) 1870 receipt/transfer notice “For Value Received, I hereby assign and transfer unto Litchfield Dana Lawson One Hundred Shares of the Capital Stock of the St Louis, Alton and Terre Haute Rail-Road Company”
2) 4 Lehigh Valley Railroad Company bill of ladings, 3 from 1898 and one from 1900 at Fullerton, PA, complete with 1 cent documentary stamps.
3) 1925 American Railway Express Co letter regarding payment, plus 1938 Shipper’s Prepaid Receipt from Syracuse to Albany, NY. (Company that operated America’s largest ground and air express services for transporting goods.)
4) Kansas City MKT The Katy Line blotter with train graphic, undated.
5) Northern Pacific Yellowstone Park Line (Portland, Oregon) mailing envelope advertising United Spanish War Veterans National Encampment, Portland, Oregon 1925
6) The Train Air Signal System for Steam Road service booklet, published by Westinghouse Air Brake Co (Pittsburgh), March 1939. 18 pages, very good save for sticker residue inside cover.
7) Oneida Railway Co Blueprint for Utica to Syracuse Turnout Electrified to No Electrified Track. Third Rail and Siding on Same Side of Electrified Track. Sheet 5 only (of 6 sheets originally). Undated.
8) Canadian National Railways 1953 ticket booklet for trip from Winnipeg to New York. Color train graphic on front with clipped ticket coupon #5, passenger coupon and sleeping car “Passenger’s Check” still present inside.
9) Train-o-Rama (Shredded Wheat premium) The Famous Berkshire 14-Wheeler: Lionel train punchout color train graphic, set of two cards, unpunched, copyright 1956.
10) American Express Travelers Cheques advertisement card with train graphic on front. 1921 date on back.