New Zealand, 1923, Ephemera
Beautiful New Zealand travel ephemera lot from the 1923-1928. 15 pieces, including 5 incorporated maps. Includes:
1) Six items related to the Union Steamship Company of New Zealand:
- Elaborate New Zealand foldout brochure describing New Zealand with 24 pages, scores of photos, yellow leading initials, a map of North and South Islands, and a panoramic image of Mt Cook (1926). Two ~ ½” tears to covers, interior near fine.
- The Grand Pacific Tour, 4 page brochure with internal map.
- Fares and Sailings New Zealand and Australia via South Sea Isles, foldout schedule with fares (1928). Cover soiled.
- Regular Sailings to Australia, New Zealand and South Seas: fares and routes (1923). Rear corner chip, folds.
- Three unused luggage decals/labels for Sydney, Apia and Papeete, and one large round Union Steamship Co decal.
2) Through New Zealand by Star, the Official Guide of the White Star Tourist Services LTD, 1925-1926. Foldout brochure with two elaborate maps of North and South Islands.
3) Two immigration documents:
- Declaration by Persons Arriving in New Zealand, 1920s, unused, soiled.
- Dept of Tourist and Health Resorts blank Itinerary and Skeleton Map of the North Island of New Zealand.
4) Two pieces related to Mt. Cook:
- Southern Alps of New Zealand: Mount Cook, The Rendezvous of Happiness-Seekers, A Holiday Midst Sun-kissed Snows, A Motor Tour through a Mountain Fairyland, The Hermitage, etc! Multipage foldout brochure with photos and map.
- Tariff, Guide Fees at The Hermitage, Mount Cook, October 1923. Small flyer with rates.
5) Milford Track, The Finest Walk in the World, Otago Expansion League, multipage booklet with images.
6) Waitomo, Ruakuri and Aranui Caves, New Zealand’s Limestone Wonders, published by the New Zealand Govt. Dept. of Tourist and Health Resorts. 16 page booklet with images and rates (1924).